Monday, June 20, 2011

Serving Up {Salad}: Teriyaki Bowtie Chicken Salad


Can I just say that by simply posting this recipe I am craving it!  A lot!  I mean, read through those ingredients and tell me what there isn't to love?  Okay, so my kiddoss don't actually love that the ingredients are all touching each other - and being the ultra cool (pushover) mom that I am, their salad looks more like a plate of Teriyaki chicken with a side of noodles and a serving of spinach.  But throw out those childish inhibitions and toss it all together.  You will be so glad that you did!  I will be so glad that you did.  In fact, I might come over and eat it with you because I cannot get enough of it!!!  



TERIYAKI BOWTIE CHICKEN SALAD     
(recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe)

Dressing:
1 cup canola oil
1/3 – 2/3 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
6 Tbs. sugar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper

Salad:
16 ounce bow tie pasta, cooked al dente, drained and cooled
1 bag (10 ounce) fresh spinach
6 ounce craisins
2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
4 green onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
6 ounce honey roasted peanuts
2 cups cooked chicken, tossed with 2-3 Tbs. teriyaki sauce

In a blender, combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until well combined and smooth. 
Mix about 1 cup of the dressing with the cooked pasta in a large bowl and marinate for at least one hour. Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving, add the pasta and toss. Add dressing to taste and toss. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment