Monday, June 27, 2011

Serving Up {Dessert}: Caramel Rice Krispie Treats


I have a dear friend (that I attended kindergarten with thank you very much!) that frequently sends me recipes.  She knows of my love of all things food and I know that if the recipe is from her then it is worth making.  Unfortunately some of the recipes she sends do go unmade - but when she sent this recipe earlier this spring I made it the very same week.  And again the next :)

As I made the caramel sauce, I realized that it is a basic caramel coating recipe for caramel popcorn.  Somebody was just pretty brilliant to toss it over rice krispies.  And while rice krispie treats may not be anybody's idea of gourmet, I have to admit that I LOVE them.  This caramel twist just takes it to the next level of goodness!  Not only are these insanely yummy, they are quick and easy and a great activity to share with the kiddos, who just so happen to be out of school and looking for something to do.



CARAMEL RICE KRISPIE TREATS     Pin It
(recipe from Kim F.)
printable version

12 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Boil the following for 3 minutes:
2 c brown sugar
1 c Karo syrup
1 c butter

Add and boil another 3 minutes:
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Pour over Rice Krispies cereal and mix until well coated.  Transfer to a butter-greased 9x13 pan and press evenly. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment