Friday, June 17, 2011

Serving Up {Pudding}: Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding


This is a recipe that I got from my sister-in-law long before I saw a variation of it from Paula Deen.  But trust me, my sister-in-law and Paula Deen are both sources that I trust completely when it comes to recipes for just about anything!  Take my word for it!

What I want to know is why I never thought of adding sweetened condensed milk, and cream cheese for that matter, to my pudding before.  It's brilliant!  Seriously you could skip the cookies and the bananas altogether and just serve the most delightfully delicious pudding you've ever imagined.  But the cookies are cute and the bananas are healthy (hee hee) so go ahead and keep them along for the ride.



NOT YO' MAMA'S BANANA PUDDING     
(recipe from Neesha W.)

2 bags shortbread cookies (Lorna Dune)
6 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 5-ounce box vanilla instant pudding
1 8-ounce pkg. cream cheese
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 12-ounce cool whip topping

Line a 9x13 pan with one bag of cookies and layer the sliced bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding and blend well.
In another bowl blend the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Add the pudding and then fold in the whipped topping until all are combined.
Pour the pudding mixture over the cookies and bananas.  Top with remaining cookies.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment