Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Serving Up {Salad}: Broccoli Salad


I love salads of all sorts.  Salads coated in a sweet mayo dressing tend to find particular favor in my palate.  This recipe for Broccoli Salad is one that I had for the first time close to eight years ago.  I still can't believe I had gone nearly three decades of my life without ever having had Broccoli Salad.  I have spent the time since making up for lost time and serve this recipe frequently.

I'll be honest, it's not a favorite of the kids (but that's only because they won't try it!) but I'm almost glad that they don't eat it because I love to eat the leftovers for lunch the following day.  The less they eat, the more for me! (wink)


BROCCOLI SALAD     Pin It
(recipe from Alberta T.)
printable version

4 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup craisens
1/2 - 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup red onion, chopped or minced
1 bottle real bacon bits

Combine all five ingredients together in a large bowl.

Dressing:
3/4 cup real mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar

Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine well, stirring to ensure the sugar dissolves.  Pour over the salad ingredients and stir gently.
Chill salad 4-6 hours prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment