Friday, August 12, 2011

Serving Up {Pasta}: Garlic Chicken Farfalle

As I am sorting through all of my recipes (the purpose of this blog, lest I forget) I am a bit shocked at how many of our frequently made recipes are pasta dishes.  I guess we really like us some pasta!  I hope what they say about pasta being bad for our diets isn't really true or else I am in big trouble.  Maybe I have some Italian in me deep down and that accounts for my affinity for all things al dente.

This recipe is delicious!  Pasta, chicken, bacon, cream - how can you possible go wrong?  I frequently will double the chicken as I cook it in the crock pot so that I end up with twice as much chicken as I need and I will then freeze half of it for later use.  Because the chicken cooks all day in the crock pot (easy!), putting dinner together only requires the boiling of the pasta and about 10 minutes to make the cream sauce.  Toss it all together and viola!



GARLIC CHICKEN FARFALLE     
(recipe from Becky Higgins)

3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice
16 oz. Farfalle pasta 
1 c. heavy whipping cream 
2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed 
1 Tbsp. pepper
1/2 c. butter 
1 lb. bacon, cooked & crumpled 
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese 

Place chicken in a crock pot and pour bottle of marinade over it.  Cook on low for 6 hours. When cooked, remove from crock pot and shred it.  Set this aside. 
Prepare the pasta by boiling it until al dente.  Drain.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter; add the garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. 
Place pasta in a large bowl.  Pour butter/whipped cream mixture over the pasta and add the shredded chicken; gently toss.  Prior to serving sprinkle a bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment