Friday, August 26, 2011

Serving Up {Dessert}: S'more S'morgasbord

Summer is getting away from me and I'm not sure that I'm okay with that!  So, much like my last post which was more of an idea (hopefully inspiration) than a true recipe, today's post is a fun twist on an American classic...the S'more.  Love them!

I saw the idea for a S'more bar here (love everything on her site) and finally created it for my own family this past weekend when we were at the Oregon Coast.  I don't care if you are a beach s'morer, a campfire s'morer or a backyard s'morer - having the s'more bar was so much fun!  If nothing else, it justifies eating like four s'mores because, hey, you have to try all the variety of options right?

For our "S'morgasbord" (I'm so copyrighting that!) we had...
Cookie Options: Honey Grahams, Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies, Crunchy Granola Bars
Marshmallow Options: Regular or Caramel
Chocolate Options: Hershey's Milk Chocolate, Hershey's Cookie & Cream, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, York Peppermint

My favorite combo was definitely the regular marshmallow sandwiched between the honey grahams with the Peanut Butter Cup melting it's goodness out the edges.  Yum!

So with what is left of summer, make sure to plan an outing with your favorite people and enjoy a delightful twist on an old classic!  You may never go back to plain chocolate and graham crackers again!

No comments:

Post a Comment