Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Serving Up {Salad}: BBQ Potato, Bacon & Corn Salad


I love the 4th of July...the parades, the fireworks, the flags, the family, the BBQ!  I know it is July 3rd, but should you still be undetermined on what you are taking to your potluck tomorrow, may I suggest this BBQ twist to the all american potato salad.  The flavors are amazing - I mean it has ranch, BBQ and dijon!  It's like someone was reading my mind...okay, I never actually thought to combine those flavors before reading this recipe, but I knew a good thing when I saw it.  This is one of my favorite summer potluck dishes because  it is totally unique, and the fact that it is delicious is just an added bonus!

Happy 4th of July to all!


One Year Ago: Root Beer Float Homemade Ice Cream
                        Welsh Cakes

BBQ POTATO, BACON & CORN SALAD     
(recipe from Kraft Food & Family, Summer 2006)
printable version

1/3 cup ranch dressing
1/3 cup favorite BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp. grey poupon Dijon mustard
3 lb. small red potatoes, cooked, quartered
1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
½ cup sliced celery
½ cup chopped red peppers
½ cup chopped red onions
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled

Mix dressing, BBQ sauce and mustard in large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except for the bacon; mix lightly. Sprinkle top of salad with bacon.  Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment