Thursday, July 26, 2012

Serving Up {Cookies}: Frosted Banana Cookies


Oh my goodness.  I cannot believe that after all this time of blogging these cookies have not been posted.  I have seriously let you down and I offer my sincere apologies!  But the flip side is that once you taste these cookies I know that you will forgive me :)

I love baked banana goods and these little gems taste just like sweet nuggets of banana bread. Which would be good in and of itself, but then we add the frosting!!!  It is a browned sugar frosting and it's deliriously yummy, not to mention it pairs perfectly with the banana flavor.  Who knew?  This may just be your newest favorite frosting!




One Year Ago: Shredded Sweet Pork
                        Cilantro Lime Rice

FROSTED BANANA COOKIES     
(recipe from Kelli S.)
printable version

1 1/2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. banana extract
4 bananas, mashed
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. baking soda
4 cups flour

Cream together sugar and shortening. Add eggs, flavorings and bananas; mix well. Add flour, soda and salt. Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Brown Sugar Icing:
6 Tbs. brown sugar
4 Tbs. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbs. cream (or canned milk)

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and add powdered sugar until you reach a desired consistency.

1 comment: