Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Serving Up {Brownies}: White Chocolate Brownie Decadence


I interrupt the scheduled post to bring you something that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!  Seriously!  This may only be slightly exaggerated, but don't risk it.

I generally try to stay ahead of my posts by 2-3 weeks (I admit that the word "try" is key) so I really am in here typing away, BUMPING ANOTHER RECIPE that was already scheduled, because these brownies are simply worth it.  And you are worth it.  It is 2:00 p.m. and I have had nothing substantial to eat yet and yet I have already eaten two of these brownies - and I am worth it :)

I earmarked this recipe a year ago and had high hopes that they would taste as good as they looked.  Leigh Anne at Your Homebased Mom has rarely posted anything that I haven't really liked.  So over the weekend we were invited to a BBQ and my husband told me that he volunteered me to bring a dessert "so that you can make one of those little recipes that you like to pin" - he knows me so well.  I did exactly that and made two little recipes that I had pinned - one white chocolate brownie (for me) and one chocolate brownie (for hubby).  I was thrilled with how they both turned out but it has been these little white squares of danger that won't give me any rest....they just keep calling my name.  And now you have the recipe and you can make them and you can see exactly what I mean.




One Year Ago: Cilantro Ranch Dressing

WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE DECADENCE     
(recipe from Your Homebased Mom)
printable version

1 cup butter
1/2 cup white chocolate,chopped
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To make the brownies, melt your white chocolate and butter either in the microwave or a double boiler; watching and stirring often so the white chocolate does not burn.  Once the butter and chocolate are melted, whisk in the eggs and vanilla and then add the sugar.  Add flour last.  Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan.   Bake for 25-30 minutes.   Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup white chocolate, chopped
3 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. whipping cream (or more to make desired consistency)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Melt the butter and white chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, whipping cream and vanilla, using additional whipping cream to reach desired consistency for frosting.   Frost brownies once cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment