Friday, April 27, 2012

Serving Up {Salad}: Green Feta Salad


I love green salad!  It seems like there are endless possibilities and combinations out there.  I hosted a dinner at our home recently and the family joining us had some specific dietary restrictions.  As such, I was searching for some recipes on the internet that met their restrictions.  I wasn't specifically looking for a salad recipe, but in my search for other recipes, I stumbled upon this recipe and thought that I would welcome a new green salad recipe.  I am so glad that I did.

This recipe is very simple.  You could add additional add in's, but we kept it simple and it was a hit.




One Year Ago: Orange Tortilla Soup
                         Chicken Tikka Masala

GREEN FETA SALAD     
(recipe from allrecipes.com)
printable version

4 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1 Tbs. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 pinch sugar
1 tsp. fresh parley, chopped
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 avocado, peeled pitted and cubed
4 cups mixed salad greens
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, parsley, lemon juice and garlic.  Add the avocado, and stir to coat with the dressing.
Just before serving, place salad greens in a large bowl.  Add the avocado's and dressing and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with sliced almonds and feta cheese over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment