Monday, April 2, 2012

Serving Up {Appetizer}: Creamy Avocado Dip


I think that avocado's are one of the most perfect foods out there.  So delicious and so versatile.  I love to eat them on salads, on sandwiches, in smoothies, with my eggs and even plain (well, plain with a squirt of lime and a dash of salt).  And then, of course, there is eating them with tortilla chips!  I have a hard time saying no to guacamole!

Turns out that I also can't say "no" to a creamy quacamole-esque dip either.  This recipe (guacamole meets cream cheese) is everything that you expect it to be...but mainly it is addictive!  At the store last week I did notice that Rotel is now selling a version of their diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro and I think that the next time I make this recipe I may try the new Rotel tomatoes in place of the original.   Either way, break out the chips and enjoy!



One Year Ago: Iced Sugar Cookies

CREAMY AVOCADO DIP     
printable version

8-ounce cream cheese, softened
1-2 avocado, diced
1/2 tsp. salt
10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel), drained

Place softened cream cheese and diced avocados in a medium bowl and blend until smooth.  Add salt.  Add diced tomatoes and mix by hand until well combined.
Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or vegetables.

1 comment: