Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Serving Up {Cookies}: Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I feel so fortunate to have stumbled across this recipe many years ago.  The recipe was on the back of the package of craisens,  Generally when I purchase ingredients, I already know what I am going to make with them so it is pretty rare for me to even glance at the recipes on the packaging.  I guess this recipe taught me a lesson.  And a pretty delicious lesson at that.

The combination of sweet white chocolate (I like to use the large chunks of white chocolate) with the tart craisen, all in a chewy oatmeal cookie base - perfection!  Go ahead and just double the recipe - I know that I always do :)




One Year Ago:
Strawberry Daiquiri Ice Cream Shake
Two Years Ago: Homemade Oreo Cookies
                          French Bread

OATMEAL CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES     
(recipe from Craisins package)
printable version

2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ cup old-fashioned oats
1 ½ cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 6-ounce package craisins (dried cranberries)
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment