Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Serving Up {Vegetable}: Smashed Parmesan Potatoes


Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!

These potatoes are one of my favorite!  In fact, my husband, who is not a huge potatoe fan, would give these potatoes two thumbs up!  I made these for a dinner guest recently and I found my husband a couple of days later raiding the fridge.  When questioned, he admited that he was looking for leftover potatoes - a phrase I never thought that I would hear!  No leftovers honey - they are simply too good!

No worries if making smooth (lump free) mashed potatoes are a struggle for you.  These potatoesa are meant to be "smashed", not "mashed" so embrace the lumps and enjoy these potatoes.


One Year Ago: Scor Cake

SMASHED PARMESAN POTATOES     
(recipe from Karen S.)

3 pounds red potatoes
1 1/2 cups half & half
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup fresh parmesan, grated
salt & pepper

Wash and scrub the unpeeled red potatoes and place in a large pot.  Cover with water and generously salt and boil until very fork tender. Drain. In saucepan heat together the half & half and the stick of butter. With potato masher break up the potatoes some, but don’t turn them into mashed potatoes (like one mash per potato). Slowly add the hot cream and butter, folding in. Gently stir in the sour cream, the freshly grated parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment