Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Serving Up {Cookies}: Melt Aways


Cookies with only four ingredients and no eggs! Crazy but true!  Trust me.  In fact, you have to trust me because as you begin to blend the ingredients together you will doubt that I wrote the proportions correctly, but turn up that mixer and just wait.  Magically the dough will come together and you will be left with a buttery, crumbly yummy cookie that gets all the better when topped (generously) with cream cheese frosting.

I took these cookie to my annual cookie exchange the year before my last year to participate.  Then last year I got a sweet note from one of the participants...she had made these cookies for last years cookie exchange.  It may be the only "repeated" cookie in all the years of the exchange.  I felt like having my recipe present somehow kept my presence there despite me physically being hundreds of miles away.  Thanks Sue!


MELT AWAYS      
printable version

1 cup butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
¾ cup corn starch
1 cup flour

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Form into small balls, about the size of a quarter (and no bigger – they will grow as they bake). Bake fro 12 minutes.

Frosting:
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla (almond extract is delicious!)
Food coloring

Make frosting by mixing beating all ingredients until well blended. Frost cookies when they are completely cool. Be generous with the frosting.

Eat the cookies in one bite, as they crumble once bitten into.

No comments:

Post a Comment