Thursday, December 1, 2011

Serving Up {Candy}: Peppermint Oreo Bark

There is something dangerous about a recipe that only requires three ingredients and tastes THIS GOOD! Consider yourself warned...

I received a bag of this Oreo Bark upon the birth of my third child.  A friend that I went to church with brought over dinner and included this candy treat.  The problem was that my husband loves mint and chocolate and he didn't realize how dangerous this candy would be.   One bite and he was hooked - until it was gone. Now take into consideration that I had just had a baby and was hormonal. I'm embarrassed to say that I was MAD that he had eaten all the candy. Hadn't I been the one that had had the baby?  

Luckily we made it past that little incident and I secured the recipe for myself.  I have since been able to make this recipe many times, and haven't had to have a baby each time :)



This is a perfect treat to give out at holidays.  I like to use green food coloring at Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.  I've used red for Valentines day as well as for baby showers for little girls.  This batch was made in yellow, pink and green and was given as an Easter treat at church.  Super fun and easy and well received.

PEPPERMINT OREO BARK      Pin It
(recipe from Julie R.)
printable version

3 11-ounce bags of white chocolate
3 sleeves (one box) OREO cookies
peppermint extract
food coloring (optional)

Break OREO cookies into fourths and place into a large bowl.
Melt white chocolate in double broiler over low heat.
Once chocolate is completely melted, add 6-8 drops of food coloring, if desired.
Add 1 generous cap full of peppermint extract and stir well.
Pour chocolate over the broken OREOs, stir to mix together and spread mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place in a cool spot and allow to set for 5-6 hours.
Once the chocolate is firm, break into bite sized pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment