Friday, October 14, 2011

Serving Up {Snack}: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

If you end up carving (or cooking) a pumpkin this month, don't let those delicious seeds go to waste!

I had about a cup worth of seeds after I cut up my sugar pumpkin for the Roasted Pumpkin with Sage and Shallots recipe.  I decided to rinse the seeds and try toasting them.  They turned out really good and it was so easy to do!


ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS    

seeds from one pumpkin (about 1 cup)
olive oil
salt

Rinse the seeds to remove them from the pulp.  Place in small sauce pan and cover with water and salt generously.  Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the stove and drain the seeds.  
Place the seeds on a small baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and salt generously.
Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until they begin to toast.  Turn them over halfway through the baking time.

***I added a small amount of curry powder to my seeds before toasting them and it was a yummy flavor boost - you could really flavor them with anything if you wanted to get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment