Monday, July 18, 2011

Serving Up {Salad}: Oriental Chicken Salad

This recipe might qualify as my most requested recipe that I make - but considering it's been requested by the same friend over and over and over again, it might not actually count.  Finally this particular friend told me that if I would simply put this recipe on my blog, she would always have access to it and the requests would end.  I don't mind the requests, but here you go.  By popular request!

This is a great summertime recipe.  It's light and refreshing and, because it tastes best if it's made in advanced, you do all the work beforehand so when dinner rolls around you simply pull it out of the fridge and call out "dinner is served".  Love that!



ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD     
(recipe from aunt Holly)
printable version
2 pkgs. chicken ramen noodles, broken into little pieces
4 C. finely chopped cabbage - I use bagged coleslaw mix
4-6 green onions, sliced
2-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/4 C. slivered almonds, toasted
2 Tbs. sesame seeds, toasted

In a large bowl, combine all the above ingredients.

Dressing:
3/4 C. salad oil
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 Tbs. vinegar
1/2 tsp. worcestershire
1-2 pkgs. chicken ramen noodle seasoning packet

Mix all dressing ingredients, blending well, and pour over salad. Chill (preferably overnight) and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I still like my yellow sticky i have it written on in my recipe box; but thanks for posting it in case I'm at the cabin!

    ReplyDelete