Monday, July 11, 2011

Serving Up {Beef}: Creamy Beef Taco Meat


I have to admit something.  This summer break is kicking my fanny!  I was really looking forward to the school break - mostly looking forward to slower paced mornings and no homework at dinnertime.  Yet my days are flying by and I'm not accomplishing anything!  Thank goodness for quick meals like this one.

This is a simple way to spice up your average taco meat to use in tacos or as part of a taco salad.  I have been preparing our taco meat this way for as long as I can remember.  I frequently will make a large batch of this meat and then freeze it in portions to feed our family.  It's nice to have meal prep involve nothing more than thawing out a package of already prepared meat.  Who knows, if it's that easy dinner may be the only thing on my  "to do" lists that actually gets done this week.


CREAMY BEEF TACO MEAT     
printable version

1 lb. ground beef
½ C. water
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
1 C. taco sauce
3 oz. cream cheese, softened

Brown ground beef and drain fat. Put meat through food processor to coarsely grind it (or just break it up well with a spatula).  Return meat to the pan and stir in water and seasoning mix.  Bring to a boil – reduce heat to low. Add chilies, taco sauce and cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is melted and meat is heated through.
Use either over taco salad or use in taco shells. Top with favorite taco toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment