Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Serving Up {Salad}: Honey Red Wine Vinaigrette

For Thanksgiving this past year I made a Candied Walnut Salad from the Sister's Cafe blog.  The candied walnuts, the blue cheese, the apples, the craisens - all SO yummy.  But what I really fell in love with was the Honey Red Wine Vinaigrette dressing.  I have made it a number of times since.  It is delicious regardless of what type of salad I am serving.

While I knew I was loving the dressing, my love affair was confirmed two weeks ago when we had a family from church over from dinner and the father of the family offered to drink the dressing plain.  Okay, so it wasn't just me :)  I would completely recommend the salad as a whole, but if you are like me and you create your salads based on what is in the fridge more than from following a recipe, then arm yourself with this dressing and transform your salad from "thrown together" to "exceptional".


HONEY RED WINE VINAIGRETTE     
(recipe from The Sisters Cafe)
printable version

1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. honey
1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 c. canola oil

Place the first five ingredients in the blender and blend well.  Gradually add the oil and continue to blend until all the ingredients are incorporated and take on a dressing consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment