Thursday, October 10, 2013

Serving Up {Butter}: Perfect Honey Butter


You can search my entire site and not find any "perfect" or "world's best" descriptions - I may love a recipe to bits and pieces but don't feel that I can go around making that claim.  Until now.  Not only am I telling you that this is the perfect honey butter recipe - I am calling it "perfect" right in it's name!  I have tried honey butter with cinnamon added (okay), honey butter with vanilla added (good) but when I tasted this recipe last year I went on a search to find the secret ingredient which all other honey butter recipes were lacking.  The secret ingredient turned out to be powdered sugar.  Yeah, it's basically frosting, but it is so GOOD!

Aside from the secret ingredient, the texture is also key to this honey butter being perfect.  Do NOT soften your butter.  You will be tempted.  It's a hard temptation to fight, I understand.  Fight it!  Do exactly as I have written and place your butter on the counter for 20 minutes.  It's all you need.  Trust your beaters.  They will know what to do and won't let you down.  The finished product will look like mashed potatoes.  Mashed potatoes that taste like frosting....why do I not have a cookbook people?

And in case you are wondering, here is the recipe for my mom's "perfect" corn bread pictured above.  Hey, I could get used to claiming my recipes are perfect.  But what else would you expect from a perfect mother, raising perfect children, living a perfect life.  Gag!  I think I will stick with the one perfection in my life...this honey butter.  I hope you agree.



One Year Ago: Caramel Apple Crisp
Two Years Ago: Halloween Bark

PERFECT HONEY BUTTER     
printable version

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs. powdered sugar

Remove butter from the refrigerator and allow to stand on counter for 20 minutes.  Place the butter in a medium mixing bowl.  Add the honey and powdered sugar and beat with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds or until everything is light and fluffy.  Serve at room temperature.

1 comment: