Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Serving Up {Fish}: Almond-Topped Fish


I am staring at this computer screen, and the photo of this delicious fish, and drawing a complete blank as to what I want to type.

The recipe is easy and delicious.  Is that saying enough?  It may have to be.

I have a list a mile long of what I need to accomplish this week and yet both of my day's off are filled so I am not sure when I will accomplish anything on my list.  The result is that I am anxious to jump up from my desk and get out the door.  Will you hold it against me?  I hope not.

If you like fish, try this recipe.  In fact, it is a perfect recipe for a busy week like mine because it comes together so quickly.  I love that about fish - it seems like a fancy meal and yet, in truth, it is one of the easiest things to pull together on a busy night.  I think I know what we will have for dinner tonight :)




One Year Ago: Pumpkin Curry Soup

ALMOND TOPPED FISH     
(recipe from allrecipes.com)
printable version

1 Tbs. butter
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 6-ounce fillets cod or haddock
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs. parsley
1 Tbs. lemon juice
2 Tbs. sliced almonds, toasted

Place butter in a 13.9 baking dish and place in a 400 degree oven until melted.  Remove pan and tilt to spread butter evenly over the bottom of the dish.  Arrange onion slices in the bottom of the pan.  Place fish on top of sliced onion.  Sprinkle fish with seasoned salt, dill and pepper.

Combine mayo, Parmesan cheese, parsley and lemon juice and spread over fish.  Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Sprinkle with almonds prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment