Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Serving Up {Soup}: Creamy Curry Carrot Soup



This recipe is SO simple!  What a treat!  Simple AND delicious!  And with no chunks to threaten my children, I actually had three out of four of my kids willing to eat (and like) this soup.  The real fan of this soup, however, is my husband, who absolutely adores curry (although he might take issue with my using the word "adore").  I've made this soup twice in just the past couple of weeks and it doesn't disappoint!  I hope you agree.





CREAMY CURRY CARROT SOUP     Pin It
(recipe from Blendtec Fresh Blends)

1 Tbs. olive oil
2 shallots, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, quartered
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
4-6 medium carrots, roughly chopped, approx. 2 cups
2 cups chicken broth
1 Tbs. red curry paste
4 Tbs. mascarpone cheese
1 Tbs. chives, chopped (optional)

Heat oil in a deep saucepan.  Add shallots, garlic and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.  Add carrots and cook for an additional 10 minutes. 
Place chicken broth and curry paste in blender jar (this recipe was written for the Blendtec blender) and carefully add the cooked vegetables.  Secure blender lid and select "soup".  
Pour blended soup back into the deep saucepan and bring to a simmer.  Stir in 2 Tbs. mascarpone cheese into soup.  Serve soup and garnish with remaining mascarpone cheese and chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment