Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Serving Up {Salad}: Strawberry Spinach Salad

If I had to choose just one of my favorite salads to eat for the rest of my life, this would make the cut into at least the final three.  It is really that good!  When strawberries are in season I have been known to eat this for lunch everyday for a week or more, and have never tired of it.  In fact, after a week of eating it I will still salivate as the clock nears noon and I begin to think of eating it again.

This salad is just one of many terrific recipes that can be found over at the Sister's Cafe - one of my favorite food blogs!  It pairs spinach, strawberries, feta and pine nuts with a delightful lemon & Dijon dressing.  Not only is it delicious, it is beautiful and would be a gorgeous accompaniment to any Easter brunch.
 
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD     Pin It
(recipe from The Sister's Cafe)
printable version

Dressing:
3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
3 Tbs. sugar
1/2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 Tbs. grated lemon rind
1/4 cup canola or light olive oil

Combine all the ingredients in a blender.  Continue to pulse until the mixture is combined, thickened and the sugar is dissolved.

Salad:
3 cups fresh spinach
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
Feta Cheese, to taste

In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, nuts and feta.  Toss with enough dressing to coat.

1 comment:

  1. i was craving summer in the middle of this really LONG utah winter so I had this for lunch today. DIVINE

    ReplyDelete