Friday, April 1, 2011

Serving Up {LOVE}: Welcome to my kitchen

I love to cook.  I really do.  There is something about it that is therapeutic. Isn't it just crazy that with all there is to do in my busy life (I have four little people that call me mom) I actually find relief in my kitchen?

I guess I was a "foodie" before food blogs ever existed - I used to spend hours looking through my mom's Taste of Home magazines each month when a new issue came in the mail. If I got my hands on a new cookbook I would read the title of each and every recipe, especially when photos were included.  I have never understood why cookbooks wouldn't have a photo to accompany each and every recipe.

Recently our family relocated from sunny Las Vegas to (less sunny) Portland, Oregon.  Before I left I had a dear friend ask me for my recipes.  She paid me a huge compliment in doing so.  It took me a while but I finally put together a small recipe collection for her.  In doing so I realized that I have so many recipes in so many locations and I needed to have a place where our family favorites were consolidated - and that could include photos!

So, the food blog was born. My promise to you is that I will not post a recipe for something that is just "ho-hum" just for the sake of having a post. If it's posted, it's something we have made many times and love it as much the fifth time as the first. These recipes are the keepers!

And with that introduction, let the recipes begin. Thanks for checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment