Thursday, September 13, 2012

Serving Up {Cookies}: Snickerdoodle Blondies


On Labor Day I attended a church-hosted BBQ which included a spread of potluck desserts.  I was attempting to be "good" and so I had to make my selection(s) count.  One pan caught my eye, and while it wasn't the prettiest, it looked like some type of cinnamon-ish bar and I am a sucker for cinnamon.  I took one bite and was overwhelmed by how flavorful and delicious it was.  I kid you not - I watched the dessert table until the BBQ was over just to see who picked up the pan...and by the day's end I had the recipe!

Funny part is that, with only a couple of tweaks, I already had the recipe and had even posted it here.  So consider this a bit of a recipe redo.  The omission of the cinnamon chips from my original recipe do not take anything away from the taste and it is one less (tricky) ingredient to worry about.  Also, there is no glaze in this recipe which simplifies it even further and was not missed one bit.

And just for the record - I made these four days later for a BBQ that I hosted and my son later reported that one guest ate five of them (I have to laugh that my son was counting) so I am obviously not the only one won over by the goodness of these bars!



One Year Ago: Candy Bar Pudding Dessert

SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES     
(recipe from Dozen Flours)
printable version

2 2/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tbs. vanilla
2 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.  Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.

In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the baking pan.  Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack. While still warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment