Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Serving Up {Bread}: Mile High Biscuits


I am bound and determined to perfect the making of biscuits.  Why biscuits?  Why not?

If you have ever had a good biscuit, and I mean gooooood biscuit, you will know that they are worth perfecting.  I kind of want to be known as the biscuit lady and so I have been trying a lot of biscuit recipes.  This particular recipe was a pinterest find...and I just had to go with the 18,000 pins as being a good sign (by the way, I know that because my Strawberry Cream Cake recently hit 18,000 pins so I consider it a good number).  This really is a great recipe and is currently my favorite recipe...I will keep you posted should another recipe bypass this one in my search for the ultimate biscuit!



One Year Ago: Sweet Grape Salad

MILE HIGH BISCUITS     
(recipe from Deals to Meals)

3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 stick butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and butter until crumbly (see my butter tip here). Mix (BY HAND) in buttermilk, egg and just enough water to make a workable dough. Mix the dough until it is just barely combined (don't over mix). Roll the dough onto a floured cutting board about 1-1 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter (or a 2 inch round cup). Place on a greased baking sheet (touching each other) and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and generously brush with melted butter.
Makes about 12 biscuits, depending how thick you make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment